Friday, April 5, 2019

Scentsy NEW Spring/Summer 2019 Scent Breakdown


Hi everyone!

Are you a Scentsy lover that gets super excited when the season transitions and new scents come out?  I am! I got all the Spring/Summer 2019 testers early at World Tour this year and have been sniffing them ever since!  There are 12 BRAND NEW scents this season…. 10 regular and 2 Disney.  I will list them all out for you and let you know my thoughts on each….

Bee My Honey:  Scentsy describes this as “Pineapple rings topped with sweet honey and jasmine blossom make a treat fit for a queen.”    I’ve sniffed this one and warmed this one…. I REALLY like it.  I don’t get all the notes that Scentsy describes…. For me it smells mainly like honey.  It’s definitely stronger warmed, very sweet and has a decent scent throw. 
 Churro Churro:  Scentsy describes this as “Baked pastry sprinkled with cinnamon sugar captures that heavenly churro charm.”  This is another that I’ve sniffed cold and also warmed and it’s one of my FAVORITES.  Now… I will warn you that I love bakery scents.  If it smells like a food, I will warm it in my home and rave about it.  So… if you don’t like food/bakery smells, this one may not be for you… but I love it.  It truly does smell like a Churro!  Yes, you smell cinnamon & sugar, but it amazes me that you can really smell that pastry scent.  I’m a fan of this one and will be getting more bars!



Dewy or Don’t We:  Scentsy describes this as “We definitely dew! Just crushed basil over ripe cantaloupe is a gift from the garden gods.”  I have only smelled the tester & bar of this one.  It smells nice.  I do get a tiny bit of the basil, but it’s more heavy on the cantaloupe scent.  It’s fairly light/refreshing.  I tend to like the stronger “in your face” scents, so this isn’t one that I would normally get, but it does smell good.



Farmer’s Market:  Scentsy describes this as “Crunchy carrot and cucumber with a hint of rose will have you seeing (and smelling!) green.”  I’m surprised at how much I love this one.  I don’t normally go for light/fresh scents, but this one is wonderful warmed.  It’s one of those scents that when you’re warming it you walk back in the room, sniff and think, “Ooohhh… that’s nice”.  I don’t know that I smell carrot or cucumber specifically, but it does smell reminiscent of a farmer’s market… very fresh with a hint of floral.  I’ll be picking this one up again.


Now & Zen:  Scentsy describes this as “Sunny grapefruit balances calming chamomile in a yin and yang kind of love story.”  This one is just not up my alley.  I don’t dislike it…. It smells nice and I get the ‘calming’ aspect of their description, it’s just too light/fresh for me.  If you like some of the lighter scents (think aloe water & cucumber and scents like that) then this would be a good one for you.


Pink Cotton:  Scentsy describes this as “Find your fantasy on a cloud of clean cotton swirled with fruity pink berries and vanilla sugar.”  This was one of the bars we got at World Tour.  I was slightly disappointed with the scent, but it’s not bad.  It’s just a little too heavy on the “cotton” smell for me.  I wish it had more berries, sugar and vanilla scent.  But… if you like fresh/clean, light scents that are cottony this will be right up your alley.


Prickly Pear & Agave:  Scentsy describes this as “Prickly pear & agave are sweet as a desert sunset behind a dreamy veil of sheer petals.”  This is another one that smells nice, but in my opinion, nothing to write home about.  I have a customer that lived in New Mexico and was super excited to try this scent and was disappointed.  It smells nice, just not necessarily like prickly pear & agave. 


Strawberry Taffy:  Scentsy describes this as “Nostalgic notes of vanilla taffy folded with strawberry puree beckon straight from memory lane.”  This one smells really good, but is very sweet.  If you like Candy Crave and other very sweet scents this one would be a great choice for you.  I do get a lot of berry scent…. It’s just super sweet.


Tropic Tango:  Scentsy describes this as “Get in the groove with tangelo zest, mango puree and coconut milk.”  This is one that surprised me.  I sniffed it cold and thought, “oh, that’s nice”… but it wasn’t a ‘punch you in the face’ kind of scent.  I do like tropical scents though, so I thought I’d try warming it.  It’s so much better warmed.  It’s got a great scent throw, smells fresh and bright and made me feel like vacation.  I’m a fan of this one and will be grabbing more.


Waves & Wonder: Scentsy describes this as “Dewy beach grass and coastal cypress will have you feeling the amber sand between your toes.”  This was an odd one for me… I don’t dislike it, but don’t love it either.  For me it’s almost like Scentsy mixed a beach/fresh scent with either My Dear Watson or Mystery Man.  I think it’s that Amber scent in there… it smells fairly masculine with a hint of beach.  Not bad by any means, but not what I expected when I went to sniff it!


All these bars listed above are $6.00 each, three for $17 or 6 for $30 and can be purchased at https://betteroffwickless.scentsy.us/shop/c/4410/scentsy-wax-bars

Now… for the new Disney Scents….

I will tell you… I’m not normally super impressed with the Disney scents.  They smell nice, but they’re more expensive and none of them really jump out at me.  Now, having said that… I REALLY like these two new scents!

Mickey Mouse & Friends:  Scentsy describes this as “Celebrating everlasting friendship with a fragrance almost as sweet, thanks to Georgia peach, accented by pops of orange peel and vanilla.”  This scent is so nice.  It’s super fruity, fresh, and just all around pleasant.


Twitterpated:  Scentsy describes this as “Spring is in the air, and it’s waiting to sweep you off your feet in a swirl of sun-kissed meyer lemon, morning dew drops and lush wild moss.”  I don’t know that I smell a lot of the lemon, but this scent is absolutely FRESH.  It smells very much like dew drops and lush wild moss and I’m surprised at  how much I’m loving it.  It’s one of those bars that you pick up & sniff, start to put it down, and then pick it up and just keep sniffing it.  Similar to Farmers Market/Amazon Rain, but even more amazing.  I will be ordering this one for sure!


These two Disney bars are $6.50 each (no bundling options) and can also be purchased at https://betteroffwickless.scentsy.us/shop/c/4410/scentsy-wax-bars

Hope these scent break-downs help you and inspire you to try a new scent.  Please reach out to me (email, text, comment below) and let me know which are your favorites!




Tanya Milbrodt   
Independent Scentsy Consultant
@betteroffwickless on Facebook
Toncakes on Instagram
BetteroffWickless on YouTube

1 comment:

  1. Wax melters Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete