Monday, April 15, 2019

Mixing Scents


Did you know that you can mix Scentsy wax bars to make new/combo scents?!  As a customer I never thought to do that.  I bought wax bars of the scents I liked and used those, but it just never occurred to me to mix any of them together.  It was once I became a consultant and joined a Facebook group dedicated to making samples (for consultants only) that I learned about mixing scents….  Talk about MIND BLOWN!
Here’s an example of a label for a ‘mixer’ scent:


Here are some of my favorite mixes and how they smell together:

Pumpkin Spice Latte: 
This combo mixes “Breakfast Blend” and “Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl” and is described as rich brewed coffee mixed with fresh pumpkin, cinnamon stick and a dollop of whipped icing.  If you’re a PSL fan, this mixer smells amazing!  One of my personal favorites!!

Santa’s Cocoa:
This combo mixes “Hug in a Mug” and “Perfect Peppermint” and is described as cool, pure peppermint with a warm wrap of chocolate, hazelnut and cookie dough. This one smells great and thanks to the kick that is “Perfect Peppermint” it also lasts really well.

Caramel Macchiato:
This combo mixes “Caramel Vanilla Delight” and “Breakfast Blend” and is described as just-brewed coffee with vanilla ice cream, liquid caramel and white rum.  YUM!

Peppermint Mocha:
This combo mixes “Perfect Peppermint” and “Mochadoodle” and is described as roasted coffee beans and cocoa mixed with sugar, caramel, heavy cream and pure peppermint.  This one is strong, smells amazing and again, thanks to the ‘in your face’ scent of “Perfect Peppermint” it lasts really well.

Ok…. Obviously I have a coffee addiction.  I will seek help later… who am I kidding… I’m not seeking help. 

Caramel Apple:
This combo mixes “Johnny Appleseed” and “Caramel Sugar Cone” and is described as guilt-free gooey caramel and sugar over just-picked Macintosh apples.  This one is a fave as well… so yummy! But.. for me,  Johnny Appleseed is so overpowering, that I prefer to mix more of the Caramel Sugar Cone in.  So normally for mixers I do one cube to one cube.  For this one, I would do a half cube of Johnny Appleseed so you get a good caramel note as well.

Strawberry Lemonade:
This combo mixes “Sugared Strawberry” and “Lemon Sorbet” and is described as fresh strawberries and juicy currants mixed with lemon, grapefruit and sugarcane.  This is a favorite of my whole family.  It’s fresh smelling, strong and lasts really well.

Those are just a few examples of some of the mixes I’ve tried and that I’ve sampled out to customers.  The possibilities really are endless and it’s pretty fun to get creative and ‘mix’ things up a bit!  I hope this inspires you to try new things with your Scentsy wax!  Have fun and please comment and tell me about some of your favorite mixers!

No comments:

Post a Comment