Wednesday, April 3, 2019

My Scentsy Story

Hi Everyone.... welcome to my blog!


In this post I wanted to share a little bit about myself and how I came to be an Independent Scentsy Consultant.


My "Scentsy Story" actually starts back in 2016 when I tore the ACL and Meniscus in my right knee. I hate to tell you how it happened... I was in the restroom pulling up my pants.... no joke!   I was almost 300 lbs at that time and trying to recover from the extensive knee surgery and do physical therapy at that weight was going incredibly slowly... it felt impossible!



I decided to make a change and get the weight off... it was a big, scary decision, but I had a Sleeve Gastrectomy. What had always worked for me in the past (walking & Weight Watchers) just wasn't doing the job quick enough and with the injury.... my urgency to get the weight off was intense. The surgery went well and I've worked really hard to adapt to my new lifestyle (protein first, fruits/veggies second, carbs last and no soda).





I'm down over 100 lbs since my weight loss surgery and feel incredible! The downside is all the excess skin you get when you lose that amount of weight. So... now my new goal is a skin removal surgery! This is not covered by my insurance and with the procedures I need/want it will cost me anywhere from 12k-25k....  so I'll have to save up for the procedure.


I've been a fan/customer of Scentsy since about 2006 or so when I went to my first party.  I was SOLD on the product as soon as I sniffed the testers (who's not.... this product really does sell itself) and they even had a wine themed warmer that would go perfectly in my kitchen... score! When I decided I needed a 'side gig' I talked to several friends in direct sales.....  makeup, cleaning products, bags/totes, etc.... but I just wasn't inspired by any of those products.  A friend of mine said, "You love Scentsy.... why don't you sell that?" and I felt like an idiot..... great question!  Why don't I become a Scentsy Consultant?! 


I made the leap, reached out to my friend that was a consultant and signed up.  I only wish I had thought of it sooner! Now I can earn extra funds when it's convenient for me and get discounts on a product that I already love & use!


Thank you all for the love & support, it's much appreciated!


Tanya Milbrodt   
Independent Scentsy Consultant
@betteroffwickless on Facebook
Toncakes on Instagram
BetteroffWickless on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment